Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Well...I started a blog.

Last year I'm not sure I knew what a blog was. Well I looked up the actual definition ... "A blog (an abridgment of the term web log) is a website, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog."

I had an epiphany as of late that I am not as old as I act and feel. It happened at the mall. Twice a year a make a trip to Haggar (nice clothes, but pretty conservative) and purchase all of my clothes for the upcoming months. As I walked in the store I took a brief look around and said I don't want anything in here. I was tired of dressing like I am 49, not 29. So I strolled (strolled because I had my twins in the stroller) over to The Gap to looked into getting hip. Not sure what that means, but Julie tried to help me out.

Well, for the first time in my life I own a pair of shorts that are not light or dark Khaki. And you know what, I like it. I have added to my repertoire some logo t-shirts, madras shorts, khaki shorts with big pockets in the legs and whenever possible I wear a baseball cap and flip flops.

So on to another thing "all the kids are doing". I got a blog. (Oh, and I signed up for facebook...not quite sure what that is yet, but again Julie will try to help me out).

Who knows, next year I might be an Ipod listening, Wii playing, texting everyone I know kind of guy. Then again...

2 comments:

a.mann said...

amazing.
welcome back to your twenties.
and you soooooo love apple!
imacs for everyone in the office!

Julie said...

My Love!! I am so glad you are seeing me as your guide to these new hip things, the blind leading the blind - grin :)

I am crazy about the madras shorts, it only took me 7 years to convince you to buy something other than khaki shorts!

I have issue with the title of your blog, nothing about you is common, you are extraordinary!!